Bitter melon is not something you want to eat everything, but if you are looking for something different, you might want to give it a try. The melon has quite intense bitter taste if the fruit is unripe, but they tend to get less bitter if they are fully ripe. More info can be found from here.
- 10 oz chicken
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 14 oz bitter melon remove all the pith and seed, cut into strip
- 1 tbsp brown bean paste
- 8 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, stir fry garlic,ginger and brown bean paste for a minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Add butter melon and mix well.
- Add water and bring the pan to boil.
- Cover the pan with lid and turn the heat to medium high and let it simmer for 3 - 4 minutes.