Finally, I was able to get some decent looking bean sprout from the asian store and craving for mee goreng. I decided the try this recipe found from my recipe collection. The taste is quite satisfy and hubby love it. Definitely a keeper.
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 red chilies, sliced ( Optional)
- 1 medium potato
- 1.5 tbsp chili paste ( adjust according to your own taste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 4 deep fried tofu, cut into cube size
- 1/2 red onion,thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 8 oz bean sprout
- 6 oz thin spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp crispy shallot
- 1 lime wedges
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- cook the spaghetti noddle according to the package instruction. Drained and rinse well with cold water and set aside.
- Boil potato in a hot water until cook. removed skin and cut into cube size
- In a bowl, mix in ketchup, soy sauce, suger and chili paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion slice and stir fry until soft and a little brown.
- Add in potato, tomatoes, chilies slice and stir fry for about 2 minute.
- Add in noodles and sauce mixture. Stir and mix well for 1 minute.
- Add in bean sprout and stir fry for another minute.
- add salt to taste
- Push noodle aside and make a well in the middle. Add 2 table spoon of oil and crack eggs into the well and scramble them.
- Mix egg an noodle thoroughly
- Garnish with crispy shallot and lime wedges.
- 8 oz red onion ( about 1.5 medium size onion)
- 1 oz dried chillies
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dried shrimp paste (belacan)
- 2 oz dried anchovies
- 12fl oz oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Grind onion, dried chilies, garlid and shrimp paste until fine.
- Heat about 4 fl oz oil in pan and fry anchovies over medium heat until crispy. Drained and pound coastly
- Heat the remain oil in the sam pan and stir in onion paste and fried until fragrant and the oil comes through.
- Add in sugar and salt.
- lower the heat and the anchovies, cook for 2 minutes.
This recipe make plenty of chilies paste. you can either freezer for later use or eat it with other dishes or noodle soup.