While I was searching for some old photo for my mother’s day photo album, I came across some treats pictures that I made back in Dec 2005. I don’t know when I will be able to make them again, so I though maybe I should keep post them here before they get lost. One of the creation was Jam Thumbprint cookies from ina Garten from her show Barefoot Contessa. I love her show. Most of her recipes are very simple and de.li.ci.ous!
- 3/4 lb (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water, for egg wash
- 7 oz sweetened flaked coconut
- Raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until just combined, and then add the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Mix until the dough starts to come together. Dump on a floured board and roll together into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Dip each ball into the egg wash and then roll it in coconut.
- Place the balls on an un-greased cookie sheet and press a light indentation into the top of each with your finger.
- Drop 1/4 teaspoon of jam into each indentation.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the coconut is a golden brown.