I love quiche especially the mini version. I love the taste and I love that fact it is super easy to make. After all the Chinese style dinner weeks (2 dishes with a bowl of rice), I decided to cook something non-rice or non-Chinese related meal. I found a quiche recipe from me collection and I decided to give it a try. The original recipes call for mushroom and broccoli. Since my husband don’t fill up without at least a meat in the meal, so I decided to modify the recipes to replace the mushroom with 3 slice of Ham. So in this dish we have some eggs, meat and veggies.. What a healthy combination.
- 1/2 cup of ham cut into cube shape
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup of broccoli cut into bite size
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup whip dressing
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a stainless steel bowl with cooking spray and put it in oven while reheating the over. About 5-10 mins later, removed the bowl from the over and place the chopped veggie in the bowl and give it a few stir until the veggie are slightly tender.
- Be careful the hot bowl if you want to do it this way, otherwise you can always cook the veggie separately on a stove.
- Beat eggs, dressing and milk in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in vegetable mixture and cheese; pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 40 to 45 min. or until center of quiche is set