A taste of Gyros and Hummus

My adventure to Greece? I love to go there one day but for now maybe just a Greek Restaurant at Overland Park. There is a new Greek restaurant in town and we decided to give it a try last weekend. The restaurant name is Jerusalem CafĂ©. It is not any high-end restaurant but just a fast food type of setting. They do offer a lunch buffet, but we decided to try the menu with the buy 1 get 1 free coupon. My husband ordered a chicken Gyros and my ordered a beef and lamb Gyros. Gyros pronounce as “yeeros” is a kind of processed meat wrapped in pita bread.This was not the first time I had gyros. I remember I had my first taste of Gyros was at the college town fair few years back.

Since there are limited menu selections, we also ordered hummus as appetizer. I never had this before but have seen this on TV (food network) all the time, so I decided to give it a try. I don’t exactly know what hummus is except it made from chick-peas, but I heard that it is a very healthy food. The serving come with some warm and soft pita breads, so you can dip the hummus with the bread. Taste wise, I think it’s ok. It is definitely a very simple and light flavor appetizer to serve in a party or gathering. Want to know more about Hummus, check out the Hummus blog. For me, maybe not so much of hummus right now. It’s time to move on…


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this how you pronounced it? Ooops ... I had always pronounced it as "jai-ros"! :-)