Portuguese Tart – Splenda Version



I saw this recipe from chowtimes few weeks back and couldn’t resist myself to try it. They look delicious and simple to make. You can get the original recipes with the step by step instructions from chowtimes. Here’s my modified version of the recipes with Splenda.

Ingredients:

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 cup of Splenda
  • 1 cup self Raising flour
  • 14 oz of condensed milk
  • 2 cups of 2% milk

I wish I could try the real deal somewhere so I know what to expect but overall I like it especially fresh from the oven.
There must be something wrong with my dated oven. Some looks perfect, some looks a little burn. I need a new Oven!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Cocoa, my Portuguese Tart also gets too brown at the sides. I guessed it's because of the high sugar content. Perhaps you can try lower the oven temperature to avoid the excessive browning.