Back home, we don't eat broccoli as often but here, what vegetables can you gets if you don't to the Asian food store. one of our favorite veggie we get from the regular groceries store is broccoli. I like broccoli a lot especially steamed broccoli with some mushroom seacucumer sauce where people serve in the Chinese banquet. I remember when I was young, I was told that broccoli is good for you brain development.. hmm is it true? Here my simple quick stir fry broccoli with dried shitake mushroom.
- *Broccoli Crown
- *Shitake Mushroom
- *Garlic, chopped
- *Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean and cut broccoli into bite size
- Soak shitake mushroom until soft and cut into thin strip
- Mix 1/2 tsp of cornstarch and 2-3 tsp of water and set aside. This is use as the thicken agent.
- Heat pan with cooking oil, add in garlic and stir fry until brown.
- Add in mushroom and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Add Broccoli and mix well in the pan. Add in water and cover the pan with lid and let it simmer until soften.
- Add salt to taste, and finally add in the thickening agent to thicken the sauce.