Kuih Ubi Kayu ( Cassava Cake)

Never know how easy is to make Kuih Ubi Kayu until I saw this recipe from Lily's blog. I love this snack and I remember my cousin used to make this from scratch. Scratch mean buying fresh Ubi kayu, remove the skin and grate the ubi with hand. I was surprise that I am able to get the frozen grated cassava from Asian store in state and still made this delightful snack in less an hour.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb grated cassava
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup coconut cream
  • 1 stick (4 ozs) butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Method:

  • Preheat oven at 375 F
  • Mix all the ingredients in a large glass bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute at a time for about 3 minutes.
  • Pour into greased tin and bake for 30 minutes.
  • Cool before cutting into pieces.

1 comment:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great, yes this is one easy kuih to make. I always have frozen cassava in my freezer just in case.