A simple vermicelli I prepared for our Saturday lunch. I had never heard about 雪菜 before I came to the State and learn to cook this from my hubby. The noodle soup is very tasty with some sourly flavor. It is very easy and quick meal for a busy day. Here's my simplified version.
- 1 package of ready to serve pickled cabbage (雪菜)
- 1 slice of ginger julienne
- Some pork ( can be slice thinking or minced)
- Soy sauce
- Corn starch
- about 2 cup of any soup base
- about 100g of vermicelli
- Soak vermicelli until soft, drained and set aside
- Marinate pork with soy sauce and corn starch
- Heat soup base with high heat, add in pork and cook until boiling.
- Add in pickled cabbage and ginger and cook for another 2 minutes or until boiling again
- Add in vermicelli and cook until the noodle is ready
- Served it on bowl with a dash of white pepper and chilli's( optional)