This is my second CNY creation - Mung Bean/ Green Bean Cookies. Another recipe copy from LCOM. The cookies melt in your mouth and have a very similar taste as the peanut cookie minus the peanut. I used mung bean powder instead of green bean flour. I always thought they are the same, can anyone confirm if they indeed mean the same thing? Because mine turn out to be green in color.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornflour
- 3/4 cup mung bean powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg yolk, for glazing
- Cream butter, powdered sugar and salt until creamy.
- Mix in sifted flours and hand knead until a dough is formed.
- Scoop the dough with a teaspoon and roll into a ball.
- Brush the top of each cookie with the yolk glaze.
- Bake in preheated 300F oven for 20 minutes.