This is one of my favorite recipe I found from KC forum that I would like to share with you. The original recipe use bread flour to product a white yogurt bread, Since I have some whole wheat flour left just enough for this recipe, I decided to finish up the wheat flour with this Whole Wheat Yogurt Bread.
This recipe produce a very soft loaf of bread and the bread remain soft after 3 days without any bread improver. Due to the yogurt content, I must said that this bread is actually quite sweet compare to milk loaf, therefore it's actually taste pretty good eating it plain or with minimum spread.
This is my adapted version. I reduce the recipe into half due to my bread machine capacity. Instead of using vanilla sugar and plain yogurt, I replaces it vanilla yogurt.
Ingredients: ( click here to view original recipe in French language)
- 1 beaten egg ( room temperature)
- 62.5g vanilla yogurt
- 160ml the whole milk
- ~32.5g sugar
- 250g whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp yeast dry
- 2 tsp butter ( room temperature)
- Put everything in the order listed above or according to your bread machine manual.
- Set to dough function for the first 20 minutes.
- Then set to auto program for whole wheat bread 1.5lb with light crust to finish the rest of the baking process.
A simple meal I prepare to pair with this wonderful bread. Ham sandwich with swiss cheese, lettuce tomatoes, mayonnaise and some slice avocados. Yum yum..What a healthy meal for the whole family.