Another simple breakfast I prepared during the weekend morning. Have been wanting to try this for long time but never get the chance, since I still have some left over char siu and Roti Prata in my freezer, guess it's the time to get the baby baked.
I want to have this as breakfast, so I prepared the char siu filling the night before and store in the fridge overnight. All I have to do in the morning is thaw the frozen Prata skin, add the filling to the skin and fold over to seal like making a kari puff. Brush lightly with beaten egg yolk to give it a shining look and baked in the preheated oven 395F for 15-25 minutes or until it looks puffy.
Voila... fresh from the oven Char Siu puff is ready for your family.. yum yum..
Char Siu Filling Ingredients
- 300g char siu
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 7 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, mix in oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark sauce, corn starch,water and sugar, then set aside
- Heat pan with oil and stir fry chopped onion until soft.
- Add char siu and fry for couple minutes
- Add the liquid mixture and cook until the sauce is thicken
- set aside the filling and let it cold before wrapping with the Prata skin