Traditional cooking involve soak the rice over night, and steamming and mixing. I like this shortcut version because all I need is to mix everything together and let my rice cooker take over the job. Easy and delicious!
- Soak mushrooms in water until soft then cut into think strip.
- Rinse dried shrimp and drain.
- Marinate pork with ¼ tsp of white papper and ½ tsp soy sauce.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil, sauté shallot until brown then add mushroom and chinese sausage. Continue sauté for 5 mins then add dried shrimp. Stir fry until fragrant.
- Add pork and stir fry until brown.
- Add wine, remaining soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper, sesame oil and mix well.
- Finally, add rice to the mixture. Turn off the heat and mix the rice with the stir fry until all the ingredients combine.
- Pour the rice into rice cooker, add 1 ½ cup water and let the rice cooker do the remaining job.