This is a traditional Chinese New Year dish my family prepared during the first day of Chinese New Year. My mom doesn't cook this very often because preparation work is quite lengthy. Therefore, she will usually prepare everything ahead of time before the actually cooking.Ingredient:
- 1/4 cup of black moss (fat choy)
- 1/4 cup of black fungus (cloud ear)
- 7 dried mushroom
- 1 sheet of dried bean curd skin
- 1 bunch of cellophane noodles
- 1/4 cup of julienne carrot
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot
- 1 1/2 piece fermented red bean curd (Nam Yee)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- MSG to taste
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- Soak mushrooms in water until soft then cut into think strip. Keep the water.
- Soak black moss (Fat choy) and divide into smaller portion, discard the liquid.
- Soak black fungus and cut into bite pieces, discard the liquid.
- Soak cellophane noodles until soft, discard the liquid.
- Mix 2 tbsp of water into the fermented red bean curd and mash it with fork until become paste consistency.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil to fry the dried bean curd skin until turning light brown.
- Heat pan with 1 tbsp of oil and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, black fungus and bamboo shoot and continue stir fry for another 2 minutes.
- Then add napa cabbage and 1 cup of liquid from the mushroom.
- Cover with lid and bring to boil.
- Add the remaining ingredient: black moss and cellophane noodles, and stir fry for another 2 minutes. Add more water if the sauce gets dry out.
- Add soy sauce and pinch of chicken bouillon to taste.