Stir Fry Chicken with Potatoes

Lately I am the mood of blogging my everyday dish. Since I won't able to try something special during the weekend as much as I would like to, I think maybe i just start from my everyday simple cooking. This dish is my husband favorite dish. Not that he love to eat this but the fact that it is so easy to made. I remember every time when I run out of idea what to cook for dinner, I will asked him for suggestion. He will response with what do we have in the fridge. If chicken is one of the ingredient, his response will be "what about Stir Fry Chicken with Potatoes or Stir Fry Chicken with Cream Corn?" so here you go. Ingredients:

  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1 scallion, julienne
  • 4 chicken thigh, de-boned and cut into bite size
  • 2 medium size potatoes cut into cube
  • 1 tsp shao xing wine
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1½ tbsp oil
  • 1/3 tsp salt to taste
  • ½ tsp sweet dark soy sauce
  • ¾ cups water

Method:

  • Marinate chicken with soy sauce and wine.
  • Heat oil in a pan and add garlic and scallion, stir fry until soft
  • Add in chicken and stir fry for 2-3 minutes until chicken turn brown.
  • Add in potatoes and stir fry for another 2 minutes
  • Add in water and dark soy sauce. Cover the pan with lid and bring to boil.
  • Turn the heat to medium and continue simmers for 15 – 20 until the potatoes are soft and sauce are thickened.

No comments: