I bought hubby a new gas grill as a birthday gift this year. The grill has been sitting the garage since few weeks back. This week we decided to invite some friends over to our house for BBQ, so hubby can show off his new toy and his BBQ skill :)For a startup, hubby decided to try baby back rib. We bought a slap of baby back rib and marinated with the Spice Rub Recipes from Little Corner of Mine's BBQ recipe.
- 1 Tbsp + 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 3/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- Rub the spice on both side of the rib the day before and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the grill by turned on 2 out of the 4 burners alternately to high heat.
- Once the grill is heat up, places the rib in between the burner to make sure there is no direct heat to the rib and turn the heat to low.
- Covered the grill and let it cook next 30 minutes.
- Turn the rib over and cook for another 15- 20 minutes.
- When the rib is almost ready, brush the rib with your favorite BBQ sauce and let it cook for another 5 - 10 minutes. Turn to other site and repeating the sauce brushing process.
*If you interested in oven grilling, check out the method provided from Little Corner of Mine
Hubby and friends loves the BBQ rib very much, and his friend even consider to try again sometime soon. ( Hope we are invited for the feast.)
So what's your next BBQ agenda, Honey?