One day I was searching for food idea to prepare Aidan’s birthday party snack and came across this blog. The first thing that caught my eyes was the picture of the cookies, then the name of the cookies. Melting Moments, what an interesting name. I wonder if that how you feel when you place a cookie in your mouth. There aren't any other way to find it out besides to try it out myself.
The original recipe can be found from Feed Me I'm Hungry and this is my modify version.
- 250g Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 60g confectioner sugar
- 175g Plain flour
- 60g Corn flour
- Preheat oven to 340 degree F
- Beat butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract until soft and fluffy.
- Sift together corn flour and plain flour and fold into butter mixture in two lots.
- Line baking trays with non-stick baking paper or spray the cookie sheet with PAM
- Scoop 1 tsp of the cookie dough and place on the baking tray. Ensure that the cookie dough is placed approximately 1.5 inch apart from each other.
- Bake in the oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until biscuits are a light golden.
- Remove from oven and cool.
Orange Buttercream Filling
- 100g confectioner sugar
- 100g Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp orange juice
- Beat sugar, unsalted butter and orange juice until light and fluffy.
- Place about 1/2 tsp of buttercream into one of the cookie halves and sandwich with the other half.
- Store in an air tight container.
Makes 30 sandwiched cookies
Before adding the icing, hubby thought the cookie taste very good by itself without the icing (He is not an icing lover). This is my kind of cookie, rich buttery flavor but not too sweet.
After adding the icing, he was amazed with the outcome. The first word from him was GOOD! He told me that he never understands what they mean by Melting Moments and now he got it. Everything, the cookie and icing is literally melted in your month. This cookie reminded me the Christmas butter cookie except it is more fragile and crisp, the icing make this whole thing taste more interesting. Definitely a yes to the birthday party snack.