This is another wonderful milk loaf recipe that I would definitely keep and recommend to everyone. Another thanks to for LCOM recommending this recipe in her blog. The loaf came out lovely, soft and fluffy just like the one you can get it from most of the Asian bakery store back home.
At first I was a bit worry about the loaf getting harden without the bread improver and I was wrong.The loaf remain soft and tasty even after the 3rd days. Yum! Yum! it's all I can say about it.
Since this recipe have been try and proven by so many fellow bloggers, everyone seems to have their own way to bake the loaf and this is how my bake mine.
Ingredients (Click here for original recipes)
- 125g whole milk (warm)
- 75g heavy cream (warm)
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 40g sugar
- 270g gluten flour
- 30g cake flour
- 5g dry yeast
- 15g milk powder
- Put everything in the bread machine in the order listed above or according to you bread machine instruction.
- Set to dough function for the first 20 minutes.
- Then set to auto program for sweet function 1.5lb with light crust to finish the rest of the baking process.
- 3 hour later … VOILA! The loaf is ready.