Since I have some lettuce head and ground turkey in my fridge, I really want to try this healthy version of lettuce wrapped from Steamy Kitchen. Unfortunately, I totally forgotten about the green apple when I was out for my groceries shopping.As a result, this is what I end up with Asian Lettuce Cups with Ground Turkey
& Green Apple. I replaced the apple with 1/2 carrot and omitted the fried mung bean noodle.
Ingredients: (click here for original recipe)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 orange bell
- 1/2 carrot
- 2 scallions
- 1/2 yellow bell
- 1.5 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Cut all the veggie into cube size.
- Heat pan on high heat with cooking oil. Add ground turkey and fry until 80% done. With spatula, make room in the center of pan to fry the aromatics. Just push the meat out of the way. Add a touch more cooking oil if needed. Fry garlic, ginger, scallions until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
- Add bell peppers and carrots Cook just a minute until vegetables are slightly softened.
- Add sauce ingredients. Mix well and heat through.
- Serve with lettuce cups, fried shallot and shaved carrots.