Lettuce wrap with Ground Turkey

Since I have some lettuce head and ground turkey in my fridge, I really want to try this healthy version of lettuce wrapped from Steamy Kitchen. Unfortunately, I totally forgotten about the green apple when I was out for my groceries shopping.As a result, this is what I end up with Asian Lettuce Cups with Ground Turkey & Green Apple. I replaced the apple with 1/2 carrot and omitted the fried mung bean noodle.

Ingredients: (click here for original recipe)

  • 1 lb ground turkey
  • 1 tsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp grated ginger
  • 1/2 orange bell
  • 1/2 carrot
  • 2 scallions
  • 1/2 yellow bell
  • 1.5 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
  • 1 tsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
  • 1/4 tsp ground pepper
Method:
  • Cut all the veggie into cube size.
  • Heat pan on high heat with cooking oil. Add ground turkey and fry until 80% done. With spatula, make room in the center of pan to fry the aromatics. Just push the meat out of the way. Add a touch more cooking oil if needed. Fry garlic, ginger, scallions until fragrant, about 10 seconds.
  • Add bell peppers and carrots Cook just a minute until vegetables are slightly softened.
  • Add sauce ingredients. Mix well and heat through.
  • Serve with lettuce cups, fried shallot and shaved carrots.
I really like the taste of the wrap, you don't really need any dipping sauce to add on like the one you get from PF Chang. The only sauce you need to kick it up a notch is probably chilies sauce is what Steamy Kitchen call it a rooster sauce. Definately thinking of giving it another try with the green apple.

No comments: